Friday, June 11, 2010
Top 10 Signs That It's Summer
10. Bedtimes are creeping later and later. During the school year I just about qualify as a bedtime tyrant. We are religious about the 8:00 bedtime. We're still in the first week of summer and the kids are already up past 9:00. I love that.
9. Bath time is a nightly event. My kids feet are dirty by 9:00 A.M. It's ridiculous how dirty they can get in 24 hours.
8. Our mud room is living up to it's name. The kids are running in and out of the house and the mud room is covered in sand and dirt all the time. I'm starting to wonder if it's really worth cleaning up the mess every night or if I should just wait until the end of summer.
7. We all smell like bug spray...another reason for nightly baths.
6. I sleep until the kids wake up which was *gasp* 8:30 this morning. There's no bus to miss, so why not?
5. The kids have "summer" legs. There are old scabs, new scabs, and a little bit of scab-free skin in between which is usually bruised. My kids legs look like a war zone between the scabs, bruises, and mosquito bites!
4. The freezer is stocked with Popsicles and ice cream. Horror of horrors...we are out of fudgsicles! My kids acted like they were being deprived when I announced that we were down to push up pops.
3. We eat lunch and dinner outside. We still feel the need to soak up every cnance to be outside and the vacuum needs a break!
2. Toys are becoming lawn art. The yard is strewn with baseball bats, bikes, and pretend mowers. Our driveway is covered in a slick of spilled bubbles and sidewalk chalk. It's a look.
1. I'm stuck. Leave a comment with your best sign of summer...we can't have a top 9!