Thursday, June 3, 2010
Top 10 Reasons To Smell Like Bug Spray
Time to introsuce my new summer scent...bug repellent. I love summer and as a result, I love bug repellent. Thankfully, these days there are a number of brands that you can wear that do not contain DEET and don't leave you sticky and stinky.
!0. I feel guilty when one of my kids gets bit. I think, "Oh, their poor tender skin was exposed and the mosquito went for the young blood. Poor thing."
9. Scratching is not attractive and it's not all that effective either. I do love Benadryl's itch cream which will actually take the itch away for a while.
8. I don't like being woke up in the middle of the night. "Mommy, I'm itchy!" And worse... there's nothing much I can do about it.
7. There seems to be a bumper crop of mosquitoes in my neck of the woods this year. They are even venturing out into the sun in the middle of the afternoon.
6. Mosquitoes drink blood and that's just gross. They're like mini-vampires and not as cute as the Twilight kind.
5. Infection. My son scratched a mosquito bite on his back so badly and now it has a nice red ring around it. If you see this on your kids...use a pen to draw a line on the current infection line so that you can tell a nurse if and how much it grows. Fun, Fun.
4. I like to ward off anything that began life as larva.
3. I don't like to live in fear. There's nothing like being at a dinner party, trying to have a conversation, watching every inch of your exposed skin, and having your hand ready to make the kill.
2. I like my ankles. I got bit thrice on one ankle in the same evening! Come on! I also got bit in between my fingers and on the sole of my foot. What! Try to itch that in your sleep.
1. I find the sound of a mosquito flying incredibly irritating. f They should play a recording of them during hostage situations. Nothing is worse when you are trying to gain entrance into sleepy land than the whine that comes from their persistent wings.
This post is a part of Things I Love Thursday.