Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pruduct Review: Ecostore USA


Recently, I received 2 cleaning products for review from ecostore USA. I'm always happy to clean and happier to try new products. I did a little reading first and read from their website:

Our eco-friendly, plant-based household cleaning products are as effective as the leading supermarket brands, and our body and baby care ranges are gentle on your skin and are simply beautiful to use. All of our products are made from plant- and mineral-based ingredients, free of toxic chemicals that bring people closer to nature with non-toxic, environmentally safe solutions that also help to reduce our carbon footprint.


I found the all purpose cleaner very effective at removing the grime and toothpaste from our counter tops in our bathrooms. My complaint with our old cleaner was that it left a residue that I could feel after it dried. Ecostore's all purpose cleaner cleaned up our mess without leaving any residue. Plus, I'm big on smells and the all purpose cleaner has a wonderful scent...very lemony and fresh.

I was also given a bottle of toilet bowl cleaner. I'll spare you the details, but I found that it too cleaned as well as any other cleaner I have used in the past. To it's credit, it smelled nice compared to other brands which leave your bathroom smelling like you live in a penal colony.

While I was cleaning, I noticed that there was no safety cap on the toilet bowl cleaner. At first, I was shocked. Mom 101 is keep all your cleaning products far out of your children's reach and to make sure that your safety caps are lock tight. Then I remembered that the product is non-toxic. I don't think I want my kids chugging it down, but the point is...if it requires a safety cap do you really want to be pouring it down the drain? Just a thought.

Overall, I'd recommend using these plant based cleaners to readers who are looking for a green way to clean. I found them effective at putting a shine on my house!

No comments: