Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Review: CSN Stores (Caphalon 8 Quart Multi-Pot)

I'll probably never get to say this again...I leave for the Mediterranean next week. Don't hate. I know, it's ridiculous! Anyway, I started to worry last week and thanks to some fabulous advise from you all, I was able to let that worry go! When my head cleared I realized that if my husband is willing to hold down the fort while I'm off in Italy, France, Spain....the LEAST I could do for the man is make him and the kiddies a few meals!

So, today, I've been slaving away in the kitchen slicing, dicing, chopping, browning, and saucin'. The last meal is tucked away in the freezer, the counters have had one last wipe, the floor is swept, and the dishes are drying in a heap in the dish rack. And, what?! I have to make dinner for tonight still. Oy vey!

The only think motivating me to get back into the kitchen is that I received a new pot from CSN Stores for review. I know, I'm easily amused! Up until now, I've only had a 4 quart pot or a 20 quart pot. Hmmm....something in between please.

Here's my new pot... Yep, it does it all! You can steam veggies, cook and drain pasta perfectly, and use if for all those other times you need something in between 4 and 20 quarts. Here's my shameless plug for CSN, they are easy to shop, and with 200+ on-line stores, you can find every thing you need. Just think, no loading up the kids, no dragging the kids through the store, and no going from store to store looking for what you need...it's ALL at CSN, trust me!

So, for dinner tonight I'm cooking rotini in my new pot using the pasta basket and using it in this delicious recipe!

Rotini with Chicken, Asparagus, and TomatoesIngredients
8 ounces uncooked rotini (corkscrew pasta)
Cooking spray
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/4-inch strips
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (1-inch) slices asparagus
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled goat cheese

Preparation
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. (In my new pot...woot, woot!)

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Add chicken and asparagus to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and garlic to pan; sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in pasta, basil, vinegar, and oil. Arrange 2 cups pasta mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese (or more if you're me!).

No comments: