Friday, July 9, 2010
Beat the Heat
It's hot...and our air conditioning broke. I hate to complain about it because I've never gone long without central air. I know that in a few short days my hubby can have it up and running but in the mean time I've gotten a bit creative with keeping the kids cool. Here are a few...
1. For a great healthy snack, wash and freeze some grapes. They don't take long to freeze and they're like mini Popsicles. Add in a frozen juice box and you'll be a hero!
2. Water balloons...my kids and I have spent hours the last few days filling and throwing water balloons. We bought a jar of 500 for a frw bucks and I think it's going to last the entire summer. I've had some great chuckles watching my kids break them over their heads, sitting on them, and playing catch with them.
3. Make a quick water table with a wash bin or large plastic box. Even my 6 year old is having fun making boats and racing them.
4. Make an obstacle course that winds through your yard. Add jumping over a sprinkler and dipping your hair into a pail of water. Kids love it when you time them!
5. Set up a water rocket. Our 6 year old son loves to use a Solo cup as a rocket. Kids can decorate their cups into a rocket ship then launch them using the water hose. You will need one person to man the faucet and one to hold the hose upright....very wet and fun.
Leave a comment if you have any other sizzling ideas!