Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Vacation Whiplash


I'm experiencing whiplash...I just got home and I'm turning around and leaving again, this time with family in tow. I was halfway unpacked and now I'm halfway packed. That's summer for you. It's a frantic pace of fun.

This time we're heading north up into the upper peninsula of Michigan. If you've ever been to the U.P. you know that it's almost like stepping into another world. The natural beauty seems untouched and is breathtaking. At the same time, I can't help but chuckle every time I pass a shop that proudly displays on a billboard that they sell, "Fudge, Bait, Fireworks". Now, that's classy!

I hope your summer is rushing by at the same pace...a combination of lazy heat and frantic fun!

1 comment:

Country Gal said...

Love those signs - at least the priorities are right - the fudge is first!