Friday, May 7, 2010
Top 10 Signs That it's Time to Clean
10. The sticky spot on the floor has disappeared. I had a friend confess to me that her floor was so dirty that it was no longer sticky. I didn't get it either at first. She then explained that she had noticed a spot where something had spilled and left a sticky residue. One day she noticed the stickiness was gone and realized that enough dirt and grime had covered the area so that it wasn't sticky anymore.
9. Your windows look like they have a frosted effect. My kids lick my windows. I have no idea why other than they like to make work for me.
8. Your kids don't ask for snacks because they can find enough sustenance in lost cheerios in the couch cushions.
7. You're on the verge of a toy coup. I once slept on a toy and it was no princess and the pea story. I never felt the matchbox car until I woke up the next morning. What does that say about me? Yikes!
6. You notice that your kids are "drawing" pictures in the dust on your coffee table.
5. your kids are pretending to be mountain climbers on the piles and piles of laundry. I am a complete failure when it comes to laundry. I wash it and then it sits until I get about 7 or 8 loads to put away all at once. If I had a million dollars, I would so pay for fluff and fold!
4. There isn't a clean knife to butter your bagel. You know it's REALLY bad when you start to use the kid's plastic ware! I dream of the day we get a dishwasher. I don't currently suffer from this problem only because there is only so much you can fit in a sink.
3. You clean one room for when quests come over and then try to limit their movement. I do miss having a 2 story house where you could just clean the main floor and everyone just assumes that the upstairs is just as clean.
2. You count on your dog to clean up the floor after family meal time. This benefit of dog ownership almost outweighs the hassle of dealing with pet hair!
1. Your turn. I'm stuck so leave a comment with your #1 sign it's time to clean. Seriously, I can't post a top 9 list!